Welch Equipment Company
Position Details & Responsibilities
Your Primary tasks will be to :
- Lead and ensure that all staff is properly trained to understand and implement all operational processes and objectives.
- Work with the Corporate Parts Manager to ensure that all procedures and policies are followed and that our customer`s expectations are exceeded.
- Work closely with Welch Service and Rental departments which will lead the part’s department to fully understand their objectives.
- Use Raymond and Toyota guidelines as a method for increasing our market penetration and profitability.
Your success will be measured by:
- Increasing overall customer satisfaction with the parts department to include internal and external customers.
- Improving the technical and customer service competency and success of your parts dept team.
- Retention of existing customers and the expansion of the different products we supply to them.
- Your ability to keep the customer`s and company`s interests at heart.
- Attaining financial and operational objectives.
Some of your biggest challenges will be:
- Understanding how parts can help service, rentals, and sales grow market share and communicating this successfully to your part’s department’s staff.
- Understanding Raymond and Toyota dealers’ best practices and implementing them in your areas of responsibility.
- Increasing our parts dept inventory turns to exceed the national average.
- Working with our Service dept - toward a standardized part’s location system on all vans.
- Focusing your team on the overall customer experience.
- Associate or Bachelors degree preferred but not required
Knowledge of the ‘Material Handling industry is a plus
- Management in a parts environment preferred
- Experience working in parts in the heavy equipment, automotive, or forklift industries required
- Ability to lead by example to create fantastic customer experiences.
- Aptitude to think creatively and create custom solutions on the spot
- Ability to be a team player and perform in a fast-paced, continually interrupted environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Comfort and knowledge of standard business processes and technologies.
Welch Equipment Co. is about bringing together top talented individuals with a strong desire to make a difference in the ‘Material Handling industry. We strive for unparalleled customer service and to be the leading forklift provider and forklift service provider in the industry. Our culture encourages employees who hold the ability to create, think and challenge each other in a fast-paced environment.
Welch strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law equal employment.