Hunter Contracting Co
Position Details & Responsibilities
Job Purpose: Oversees, directs, and manages activities of mechanics. Coordinates outsourcing of equipment repairs and schedules TRM contract repair work. Provides guidance and direction for subordinates, ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures.
Roles, Duties, & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the repair and maintenance of heavy construction equipment.
- Supervises mechanics, provides guidance and direction, including setting performance standards.
- Responsible for cost containment and insuring shop operating cost are at or below budget.
- Assesses and provides recommendation for repairs that exceed annual budgets.
- Review and approves contract repair and maintenance work orders.
- Maintains knowledge of HCC repair and maintenance contracts, ensures all repair and maintenance work is performed in accordance with the contract terms.
- Performs daily equipment inspections.
- Performs regular tire inspections, maintains accurate measurements and tire condition reports.
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots malfunctioning equipment and schedules for repair as necessary.
- Purchases and/or coordinates the ordering of parts and supplies for equipment repairs and services as necessary.
- Coordinates tire repair and purchases for equipment fleet.
- Tracks and maintains tire inventory with various vendors.
- Maintains a positive relationship with vendors.
- Stays current with field repairs and service work in progress to ensure repairs are completed in a timely manner.
- Communicates with field on status of current equipment repairs and anticipated availability.
- Regular jobsite visits and communication with field supervision and operators regarding equipment maintenance, repairs, JRD and operation issues.
- Attends weekly operations meeting.
- Tracks and logs all contract equipment rework and other issues with vendors.
- Supervisor NH Orientation (equipment section)
- Communicates, encourages, and enforces all Hunter Contracting’s safety policies and procedures with employees.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of leadership techniques, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Must have interpersonal, management, organization, and planning skills sufficient to direct people and maintain acceptable levels of productivity.
- Ability to work without close supervision on multiple projects, adjust quickly to shifting priorities, meet deadlines, exercise good judgment, and handle high-pressure situations.
- Approaches work in a meticulous, thorough, and detailed manner, and works within precise standards of accuracy.
- Must have technical knowledge of heavy equipment.
- Must possess practical knowledge of the repair and maintenance on fleet vehicles and heavy equipment.
- Must have general knowledge of FMCSA rules and regulations.
- Must have extensive knowledge of proper CMV repairs, documentation, and record keeping requirements.
- Must have general knowledge of hydraulic and lattice boom cranes.
- Proficient research, interpersonal, and communicative skills.
- Ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Ability to work harmoniously with all divisions and/or departments and with the public.
- Ability to prepare clear, sound, accurate, and informative reports containing findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Presents a positive image that reflects well on the organization.
- Prioritizes work to meet goals or deadlines.
- Ability to think strategic.
- Must possess a clean driving record.
Education & Work Experience Guidelines:
- Technical school, Dealer training, Manufacturer training; AND,
- Seven (7) + years minimum construction equipment repair and maintenance experience; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities as determined by the hiring manager.