Honnen Equipment Co.
Position Details & Responsibilities
Manages sales function for an assigned geographic region including the implementation of a defined sales process, coaching, and development of sales professionals. Responsible for all sales metrics for assigned regions.
- Support, communicate & collaborate with Territory Managers to assist in the execution of New, Used & Rental sales goals.
- Collaborate with the VP of Sales to develop a regional business plan annually.
- Manage, coach, and develop Territory Managers by using direct observation to assess their current skills. Conduct an annual performance review that includes the implementation of a training strategy for the department and/or individuals.
- Support and implement sales department accountability through the use of Key Performance Indicator management.
- Conduct monthly one-on-one reviews with Territory Managers per Honnen sales process.
- Assist Territory Managers with new/existing business development of high-value accounts.
- Support and implement ongoing sales training efforts in the development of a High Performing Sales Team.
- P&L Responsibility – John Deere C&F sales functions regionally.
- Oversee regional implementation of predetermined discretionary funds, bonus programs, strategic use of Honnen Pledge program dollars, regional sales support funds, and any regional-specific marketing programs to assist in regional sales effectiveness.
- Support Territory Managers in providing sales presentations, and meeting with key customers to promote our product, and maintain customer relationships.
- Prepare sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion using customer database, market share, and market awareness; analyze those sales statistics to formulate policy and assist regions in promoting sales opportunities and target those with the greatest potential for producing positive business results.
- Review market analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
- Analyze and control sales expenditures of the region by approving budgets, expenditures, and appropriations for the organization.
- Monitor and evaluate the activities, products, and services of the competition.
- Assigned customer accounts/territory as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ten (10) years of experience in sales, equipment sales preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Personnel management experience.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, self-motivation, and communication skills are required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate computer and application systems skills required.
Up to 25% of travel.
Generally not required.