Contact H&A for Details
Position Details & Responsibilities
Herk & Associates is recruiting a Technical Support Specialist for a Leading National Construction Equipment Rental & Sales Dealership in Nashville, TN.
As the Leader of the Equipment Support Department, the Technical Support Specialist will provide technical support to mechanics on construction equipment. The goal is to arrive at the primary cause for an equipment issue and assist in charting a path for the complete and successful repair of the machine.
- Equipment technical support for field service, rental shop, and equipment repair shop from diagnosis to resolution on complex mechanical/hydraulic/technical issues.
- Provide expertise and assistance in establishing the root of the problem for a particular machine and establishing a path for the individual mechanic to follow in the completion of the repair.
- Point person for Work Orders that require manufacturer’s assistance in the resolution or completion.
- Support and assist in moving manufacturers` bulletin issues forward.
- Will likely include hands-on assistance in the field, work bay, or facility repair as needed.
- Manufacturers training will be provided to enhance trouble shooting capabilities.
- 10+ years experience in a rental, repair, or field service environment required.
- Successful history of leading/training/mentoring other technical professionals in construction equipment repairs.
- Technical aptitude for working with heavy equipment, including an understanding of hydraulic and electrical schematics.
- High level of professionalism, coaching/mentoring mindset, ability to drive resolutions to complex issues.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
- Manufacturers` training and/or certifications preferred.
- Willingness and drive to continue expanding personal technical skillset.
For more information on this position or the full job description, please contact Meredith Vachon at Herk & Associates: