Contact H&A for Details
Position Details & Responsibilities
Perform field promotional work to sell and develop new business and maintain existing business. Demonstrate products and after market services and initiate proposals. Analyze customer applications and recommend equipment and/or services best suited to customer’s environment.
If interested in learning more about this position, please reach out to Kingston Wynn at KingstonW@herkandassociates.com
- Call and/or visit businesses on assigned account listing on routine basis, and include cold calls as often as possible. Minimum 8 or more contacts daily, based on your business plan.
- Develop solid working relationships with fellow company employees and with vendors who may support your customers
- Develop solid business relationships with customers.
- Promote all products and services assigned to you and initiate proposals, negotiate, and close business. Work closely with inside support staff.
- Arrange for equipment demonstrations as needed; be with customer when equipment arrives.
- Be aware of what business needs boosting and be able to shift gears – if rentals are slow, promote rentals; if shop is slow, look for service work for our shop; etc.
- Maintain current customer information in company’s computer database; record all sales calls and mileage information.
- Stay informed and trained on various services and products and new equipment provided by manufacturers we represent; attend schools when available.
- Submit monthly forecasts and lost order reports to field sales manager.