Contact H&A for Details
Position Details & Responsibilities
Herk & Associates is recruiting a Service Manager for a leading Construction Equipment Dealer in San Bernardino County, CA.
The Service Manager will have primary responsibility for directly managing technicians and resolving service issues that may arise. Other responsibilties include scheduling and assigning work to technicians and performing evaluations, ensuring work orders are completed to standards and within a timely matter, and responding to customer service requests/inquiries. As principal leadership for the branch, the Service Manager acts as primary internal resource to the customer.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain current and detailed knowledge of all equipment, warranty, policies, and related products.
- Manage all employees within the shop.
- Partner with HR representative to proactively manage employee relations & retention and support/develop business objectives.
- Work with Service Coordinators to produce timely repair estimates that include accurate completion and cost estimates.
- Ensure Service Coordinators receive work orders that have been reviewed, with all parts and labor accounted for in the service report.
- Oversee training of all technicians, ensuring they are equipped to support current and future products.
- Manage service vehicles: ensure up-to-date maintenance and repairs
- Enforce expectations regarding cleanliness & professional image.
- Maintaining and promote a safe work environment. Complete any Employee Injury Reports promptly and accurately.
- Demonstrate standards for excellent communication and people skills.
- Provide customers with timely follow-ups regarding equipment repair status.
- Associates degree or higher in Business or Technical discipline
- 4+ years relevant experience in management or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Supervisory experience in service department of construction equipment dealership or similar environment highly preferred
- General mechanical/technical abilities required
- Experience managing P&L
- Proficiency in general computer programs, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
For the full job description and/or more information on this position, please contact Meredith Vachon at Herk & Associates: