Contact H&A for Details
Position Details & Responsibilities
This position will ensure driver efficiency through dispatch while overseeing that all customer expectations are met according to service agreements. The selected candidate will orchestrate and influence the movement of drivers, trucks, and oversize/overweight equipment to make pick-ups and deliveries in a timely and efficient manner. Guide and review drivers` working hours and equipment availability. Oversee driver retention and assess driver’s daily safety behaviors to include logs for errors/violations.
Essential Functions & Major Accountabilities:
- Daily coordination of local and regional drivers. Ensuring the following guidelines: Accuracy, safety, compliance, respect, and Excellent Customer Service
- Dispatch drivers in accordance with customer requests and in compliance with DOT regulations and company policies/procedures
- Monitor drivers in relation to their remaining hours of service and equipment availability.
- Analyze scheduling issues while maintaining and leading industry on-time service performance.
- Coordinate and execute back haul planning for optimal driver utilization.
- Assist in the permitting, loading and security of the customer loads. Will be required to backfill other positions within the operation.
- Provide candid and honest performance feedback to drivers, while keeping senior management briefed.
Requirements – Knowledge, Skills & Accountabilities
- Highly Motivated: Possess the ability to work independently and as a teammate.
- Must have ability to identify what is needed to be accomplished and immediately drive towards solutions that meet existing needs of the business.
- Full knowledge of DOT regulations, including hours of service.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be easily understood by others with the ability to give clear direction.
- Must have efficient data entry skills ensuring record accuracy and a high attention to detail.
- Meet work standards by following productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving operational problems; and identifying process improvements.
- Ability to lead, coach and counsel driver performance relative to safety behaviors and performance standards.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively multi-task for high volume duties.