Contact H&A for Details
Position Details & Responsibilities
Herk & Associates is recruiting a Quality Engineer II for one of the world's leading Construction Equipment OEMs. This position will be based out of Wisconsin.
Purpose: The Quality Engineer will support and work collaboratively with internal personnel to audit, monitor, validate and improve manufacturing and business processes and performance. This role will also work with supplier non-conformance and assist with field and warranty root cause analysis and countermeasures.
- Review data and create reports to make recommendations of product and process
improvement, reduce non-conformities and increase customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing and Engineering to define and develop inspection and data capture methods to verify product requirements to relevant specifications.
- Facilitate cross-functional problem solving for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with the Purchasing group for supplier PPAP and non-conformance to documented and verify corrective actions.
- Assist with implementation, audit and improvement of the Business Management System (BMS) process, procedures and documents throughout the business and the final product.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Industrial Technology is required. ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in a quality engineering in a manufacturing environment. Heavy equipment manufacturing preferred.
- Understanding of ISO / IATF / AS QMS standards and experience internal auditing to the standards.
- Knowledge in GD&T, measurement practices and APQP tools such as PPAP, dFMEA, pFMEA, MSA, SPC, capability studies and control plans.
- Solid analytical problem-solver with knowledge of tools (5why, 8D, Root Cause Analysis, etc.).
- Experienced in Microsoft Office (including SharePoint) and Data Analytics tools (PowerBI, Tableau, SQL, etc.).
- Able to work collaboratively to resolve issues and continually improve results in the areas of safety, quality, delivery and cost.
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change with proven interpersonal, organization and time management skills.
- Communicates plans and updates effectively with all levels of management and peers.
- Proven track record of project management and effectively managing priorities.
For more information on this position or the full job description, please contact Amie Bowman at Herk & Associates: