Position Details & Responsibilities
The Product Performance Engineer service as a liaison between customers, dealers, and key Putzmeister personnel to resolve issues and improve product performance. Position will be responsible for developing and issuing welding standards and procedures for welding related topics along with analyzing weld related quality problems and field failures for Putzmeister. Create the necessary reports and documentation for providing management with information on structural and weld related issues. Provide technical information for developing weld procedure specification and welding procedures to dealers and customers. This position works closely with engineering, manufacturing, purchasing and quality to help prevent and resolve product issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to customer requests for technical support by developing and providing detailed structural repair procedures for use when addressing structural issues.
- Obtains component failure analysis from PMAG and/or key suppliers relative to warranty returns.
- Develops Service Information Letters and grammatically adjusts those received from PMAG as needed.
- Assists in the development and execution of PMA boom inspection training and welding certification programs.
- Provides a report of specific product problem information to the appropriate individuals in the PMA and PMAG Engineering and CSG departments.
- Visits dealers and customers to gather information that can be used to identify the root cause for product failure issues and applies that knowledge to problem resolution.
- Develops Service Information Bulletins notifying dealers and customers on upcoming product updates and improvements.
- Keeps well informed on new engineering developments that are of interest to the Customer Support Group, dealers, and customers.
- Provides Field Service and Technical Support representatives with technical information on product issues that are under investigation.
- Provides technical support for resolving supplier and customer structural issues.
- Assists in the development and execution of the PMA boom inspection training and welding certification programs.
- Keeps well informed on new welding related developments that may be of interest to Engineering, Customer Support, Manufacturing, and dealers / customers.
- Provides Field Service and Technical Support representatives with technical information on weld related product issues that are under investigation.
- Develop and maintain Structural Inspector RE-Certification training program
- Develop and maintain Structural Repair Welder Certification program.
- Performs additional duties as assigned or directed.
- Three (3) years’ experience is an engineering, technical support, or similar OEM related position
- Must possess extensive knowledge of welding processes and procedures
- Effectively communicate with customers and co-workers
- Ability to read and understand engineering schematics
- Welding Engineering Education/Training Experience Required
- SAP Experience a plus
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel 5-10% of the time