Position Details & Responsibilities
Act as the Putzmeister Field Service Representative in the assigned region and build / maintain business relationships which position Putzmeister as providing Premier Product Support. Establish regular communications and planning cadence with Regional Sales Directors and Parts Sales Representatives to achieve sales and product support objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage time and territory to provide timely & effective resolution of customers’ equipment problems concerns in the field, sometimes in difficult situations.
- Travel to customer locations, often on very short notice, to perform in-depth troubleshooting on electrical, hydraulic, mechanical, and interrelated problems.
- Professionally communicate information concerning repairs, production issues, product quality, or customer related issues.
- Provide in-service or commissioning of new equipment at customer locations. Complete handover documentation.
- Provide professional training on machine operation, trouble shooting, and repair techniques to customers / agents in the field.
- Provide technical support to the agent / customer via multiple channel paths (email, telephone, text, etc.) and manage Warranty / Goodwill issues and concerns.
- Coordinate Boom inspections and welding repairs as needed for customers. Provide / complete the required documentation for records.
- Market / Support Authorized Service Centers (dealers) to customers for repair work and parts purchases (in and out of warranty).
- Aid in evaluation and selection of potential Service Centers (dealers). Assist and measure service center against established PM Service Standards.
- Prepare timely field service reports in a well written and concise manner and file them on a weekly basis.
- Keep abreast of industry technology and trends including concrete pumping applications / processes.
- Perform additional duties as requested or required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Associates or BS degree in Engineering, Heavy Equipment Technology, Industrial Technology, or equivalent experience.
- In depth knowledge of mobile hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical systems.
- Multi-Lingual Individual a plus (Spanish and/or German)
- Concrete industry experience a plus
- 5-10 Years of technical experience
- Ability to travel 75%+