Contact H&A for Details
Position Details & Responsibilities
Herk & Associates is recruiting a Machine Sales Representative for a leading dealer of large agricultural machinery in the Monterey/San Benito/Santa Cruz California area.
Summary: Sells/leases agricultural equipment within an assigned territory.
- Responsible for all sales activities to include lead generation, prospecting, developing proposals and participation in and closing of the sale. Expected to participate in all opportunities with assigned accounts/territory.
- Establishes relationships with Agriculture customers in a designated territory. Interacts with existing and prospective customers in an effort to understand their needs and provide value added solutions.
- Demonstrates and explains the features, advantages and benefits of products and solutions.
- Completes all the necessary reporting via reports and/or CRM system to create records of all customer contacts, sales calls and opportunities won and lost.
- Collaborates with marketing staff to develop marketing materials, sales strategies and promotions to increase sales and promote Ag Equipment products.
- Joins and participates in industry associations and proactively seeks new relationships. Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts.
- Monitors market conditions, competitor’s products and pricing.
- Forecasts annual territory sales.
- Meets or exceeds minimum required contact (objective-based and value-added) with all assigned accounts to continue relationships and enhance knowledge of customers’ business activity and promote recent advances in the machine industry.
- Maintains an accurate customer, activity and machine population information database.
- Negotiates prices, credit terms and calculates financing options with customers; prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Assists customer with establishment and maintenance of credit account in accordance with company credit policies.
- Assists customers with service and/or warranty issues as needed.
- Communicates understanding and support of the company`s goals. Interact effectively with individuals and departments throughout the company in order to improve overall company performance.
- Works safely at all times. Adheres to all applicable safety policies. Complies with all company policies, procedures, standards, and values.
- Minimum of one year experience in the agriculture/farming industry OR 3+ years proven experience in a highly customer-centric position.
- Technical experience with large agriculture equipment is a plus.
- Energetic, positive attitude and self-motivated.
- Excellent communication skills and negotiating skills.
- Ability to understand and communicate basic financing with customers.
- Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours as needed.
- Must have and maintain a clean driving record.
For the full job description and/or more information on this position, please contact Meredith Vachon at Herk & Associates: