Contact H&A for Details
Position Details & Responsibilities
Herk & Associates is recruiting a Power Systems Project Engineer for a Power Systems Dealership in Riverside County, CA.
The Power Systems Project Engineer will be responsible for project management and engineering completion of customer purchase order contracts. Of particular interest is the areas of maintaining approved expense and profit budgets and ensuring project schedules are maintained successfully. Must be flexible and able to effectively manage multiple simultaneous projects and tasks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain project schedules and budgets
- Create project specific engineering submittals and drawings
- Review and understand Sales Department worksheets and project requirements
- Coordinate and/or execute the purchase of necessary project equipment
- Coordinate with other departments as necessary for successful project completion
- Communicate with factory/vendor personnel on technical issues
- Delegate and hire service department or third-party vendors for installation/modification/fabrication requirements
- Timely completion of project closeout documentation
- Provide pre-sale technical support to the sales department
- Utilize project management system on all projects
- Complete ocassional fieldwork as required for specific project requirements
- Develop and maintain good relationships with customers and suppliers
- Comply with all safety training/requirements
- Additional duties as assigned by management
- Graduate Engineer BSEE or BSME (OR graduate of applicable) and 2+ years’ experience.
- Electrical Technical School (or Military equivalent) and 5+ years same or similar work experience. OR: High school education (or equivalent) and 6+ years minimum same or similar work experience.
- Strong background and experience in most types of switchgear testing through the 230 kV class.
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Code and various industry standards, such as OSHA and NFPA.
For more information on this position, please contact Meredith Vachon at Herk & Associates: