Contact H&A for Details
Position Details & Responsibilities
Herk & Associates is recruiting a hands-on Service Manager for a world leading manufacturer of specialised demolition equipment. This position is to be based out of Sussex County, NJ.
Description: The hands-on Service Manager will set up the NJ service center. This individual will be responsible for every aspect from initial customer contact to performing the work and providing the correct information to the billing department for timely invoicing. In the second phase, the Service Manager will be responsible for hiring and managing additional technicians as business calls for it. Most business will be on the east coast, but this individual may be called to travel anywhere within USA and Canada as needed.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Oversee operational management duties for the service facility.
- Field inbound technical inquiries/issues from customers. Provide appropriate troubleshooting, technical solutions, and follow up.
- Manage inventory and coordinate purchase and delivery of essential parts and materials.
- Stay up to date on industry trends, competitors, and company memos in order to best serve customers.
- Travel up to 70% to provide in-person support to east coast customers (dealer network within NY-DC area). Primarily ground travel with very occassional travel to Canada or Europe for factory training.
- Represent the company at trade shows.
- Provide equipment demonstrations for customers.
- Develop and foster a positive, productive, and profit-driven culture.
- Assist corporate team in achieving long-term visions for the NJ service facility.
- Experienced with heavy equipment repairs including hydraulic, electrical, and electronic control systems.
- Knowledge of the demolition process, safety standards, and technology is a plus.
- Experience with prioritizing, scheduling, and managing jobs.
- Proficient in reading hydraulic and electrical schematics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 3+ years of proven experience in a customer service role.
- Self-motivated with leadership acumen.
- Strong organizational skills—an understanding of the importance of proper paper trail is essential.
- Ability to quickly adjust and change course on short notice.
- Computer skills—Microsoft Office, basic office technology, etc.
For more information on this position, please contact Meredith Vachon at Herk & Associates: