Contact H&A for Details
Position Details & Responsibilities
Herk & Associates is recruiting a Technical Sales Manager for a leading manufacturer of scrap and waste processing equipment. This position may be based out of any location on the east coast, with the understanding that this position functions in a global advisory capacity with high domestic travel requirements.
Responsibilities include working with and extending the network of distributors of equipment, performing on-site demo activities including managing logistics related to transportation, loading and unloading, first-line training and on-site practical troubleshooting supported by the service organization, selling equipment, and service parts plus a wide range of other ad-hoc duties.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Technical degree with in-depth commercial understanding
- Ability to travel extensively during the week (Domestic and international travel up to 50% of the time within the calendar year)
- Self-driven and eager to create results from a home office located on the East Coast
- Familiarity with the recycling industry, waste is an advantage
- Strong relationship-building skills, a bias for action, and detail-oriented behavior
- Capable of effectively and accurately working on several projects at one time, and organizing, prioritizing tasks, and working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication, co-operation, interpersonal, and presentation skills to manage internal and external interfaces
- A valid passport is mandatory for international travel, a driver’s license for local travel must be maintained.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to comprehend detailed schematics, flowcharts, mechanical drawings, and blueprints.
- Understanding of equipment well enough to answer technical questions from customer or distributor maintenance and operations personnel.
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to operate under high workloads and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills, drive, and performance orientation.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-language atmosphere.
- Client skills including building and managing relationships, negotiation skills, and understanding of customer needs and market area requirements.
- Strong communication, co-operation, interpersonal, and presentation skills to manage internal and external interfaces.
For more information on this position, please contact Meredith Vachon at Herk & Associates: