Position Details & Responsibilities
PacWest Machinery is seeking a qualified Shop Foreman to be based in its Kent, Washington branch to support the Company’s growing service team and customer base.
PacWest Machinery provides a full line-up of heavy machinery covering general production, aggregate processing, road, and utility equipment from well-known companies including Volvo Construction, Metso, GOMACO, Tymco, Etnyre, Yanmar, Takeuchi, and others. The company delivers comprehensive sales, rental, leasing, parts, and service support in Washington, Oregon, and Northern Idaho. We are a dynamic company offering a unique environment that fosters individual growth and that rewards individual and team performance. See more at www.PacWestMachinery.com.
The successful applicant will support the Company by filling these job responsibilities:
- Assist the Branch Service Manager by assessing repair orders as they arrive at the branch and assigning work to other service department team members. The Shop Foreman inspects work in progress and upon completion to ensure that quality repair and maintenance standards are met.
- Diagnose the condition of customer and dealer-owned machines and perform a repair on hydraulic, electrical, mechanical, and structural systems.
- Maintain positive and effective interaction with customers, colleagues, and equipment manufacturers.
- The Shop Foreman may also be required to occasionally perform journey-level diagnosis, and possibly conduct the repair on a small number of work orders.
- Provide accurate records as it relates to repair orders and time cards
- Attend company sponsored factory training classes
- Adhere to company and industry safety practices
- Overtime may be required from time to time
Qualifications - The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- The Shop Foreman will exercise considerable independent judgment in solving repair orders so experience in the repair of heavy construction equipment, aggregate processing, paving and compaction machines, sweepers, brooms, attachments, etc. is required.
- Knowledge of diesel engines, hydraulics, transmissions, electrical systems, and structural repairs including welding.
- Basic computer skills to perform electronic diagnostics
- Physical capabilities and dexterity are required (lifting up to 60 pounds).
- Complete set of tools to perform occasional repairs
- High school diploma or GED equivalent. Additional technical classes are a plus
- Must have a valid driver`s license and clean DMV record.
- Good references from former employers and colleagues.
PacWest Machinery is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital and veteran status.
To ensure the safety and security of all employees, the successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment alcohol, drug, and/or controlled substance testing.