Contact H&A for Details
Position Details & Responsibilities
Herk & Associates is recruiting a Regional Sales Manager for a manufacturer of industrial heating/liquid storage equipment. This position can be based out of any location, with the understanding that there are travel requirements focused towards the West Coast.
Role Specific Responsibilities:
- Identifies and assesses sales opportunities with specific accounts and territories.
- Prospects for and develops new accounts.
- Establishes and maintains long-term business relationships with customers, including participating in customer entertainment events as appropriate.
- Conducts meetings with the customer decision makers.
- Manages the sales relationship through all levels of customer organizations.
- Recommends solutions based on customer requirements.
- Prepares and delivers equipment quotations/proposals to meet customer specifications.
- Conducts price negotiation.
- Achieves incremental sales growth.
- Maintains ACT software for all activities.
- Facilitates resolution for billing and account receivable issues.
- Provides all aspects of account maintenance.
- Provides customers with product information.
- Provides quotations to customers with product availability, pricing and order status.
- Manages expense budget.
- Completes all required reports, forecasts, and other information that may be requested in a timely manner.
- Provides complete information to facilitate order fulfillment.
- Complies with all company and customer safety policies.
- Assists and directs outside independent sales representative network within the territory.
- Prepares and delivers sales presentations to external and internal customers.
- Attends trade shows as required by the company.
- Education: Associates degree in Chemical, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience: Three (3) years’ experience in sales of capital equipment and service is required. Understanding of heat transfer is highly desirable.
- Professional Skills: Must be detail oriented with strong analytical skills. Ability to work independently and within a team. Strong people skills, good leadership qualities and the ability to complete assignments in the time allotted. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely. Ability to effectively present information in a public setting.
- Role Specific Competencies: Computer knowledge of Microsoft suite of products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required.
- Special Requirements: Must successfully pass drug screen, physical, and background check. Driver’s license required. Travel requirements up to 75% of the time.
For more information on this position, please contact Meredith Vachon at Herk & Associates: