Contact H&A for Details
Position Details & Responsibilities
Herk & Associates is recruiting a Service Manager for a leading Construction and Agriculture Equipment Dealership in Minnehaha County, SD.
Purpose: We are a top construction equipment dealership throughout the Midwest. This service Manager will be responsible for ensuring services are meeting the business needs and are accountable for customer satisfaction both internal and external. Increasing service sales along with improving processes and engaging the service team.
- Open and close the service department each day.
- Supervise in shop service and repair of machines and equipment.
- Schedule maintenance for machines/ equipment and keep equipment service records.
- Maintain a high level of customer service, including answering calls and greeting customers.
- Perform initial and final equipment evaluations with customers for each unit that is brought in, procure detailed list of needed repairs, complete final inspections.
- Calculate and provide work order estimates to customers including completion timeline.
- Write, manage, and close all work orders.
- Manage and submit warranty claims.
- Oversee all technicians including delegating workload and managing time guides.
- Develop service objectives and continually monitor the progress of the department, and that of individuals in the service group toward the quality and profit goals.
- Oversee hiring and training of service technicians.
- Provide direction and leadership required to achieve professional technical services at profitability and quality standards.
- Participate in Company and Factory Parts and Service meetings.
- Ensure new and used equipment are prepared properly.
- Perform various administrative duties.
- Comply with all safety procedures.
- Effectively communicate and actively participate within a goal-orientated team environment.
- Actively participate in problem solving and continuous improvement activities.
- Two-year Associates Degree from college or technical school in Heavy Equipment repair (or 5 years of relevant experience or training) and 2 years of management experience; OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- A proven background in customer service
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Experience in the heavy equipment industry preferred
For more information on this position, please contact Meredith Vachon at Herk & Associates: