Frank`s Supply Company Inc.
Position Details & Responsibilities
The function of the Outside Sales position is to build revenue and market share by developing new customers through awareness and education, and servicing current customers by providing the proper tools, equipment and information to achieve their goals. This position develops close customer relationships through outstanding customer service and maintains close communications with the Sales Manager.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Effectively interface with other employees and departments as they affect sales responsibilities. Respond to all customer inquiries in a timely manner.
- Research new leads and sales prospects. Conduct on site cold calls to prospective customers and develop new accounts within designated territory.
- Increase sales with established customers as well as inactive customers on your account list by making 12 sales calls per day.
- Adjust call frequency depending on pricing and lead time conditions as appropriate to the account.
- Handle pricing including price negotiation in conjunction with the Sales Manager or Store Manager.
- Gather, record, maintain, and analyze account information to identify sales strategies and objectives appropriate to the account.
- Prepare bids and conduct sales calls follow up.
- Uses samples, brochures and sales literature in his dealings with customers. Process requests for samples and literature.
- Review all order activity in the account base by utilizing open order report.
- Introduces new items in the company lines; demonstrates features and uses; answers questions regarding product application.
- May make calls with vendor representatives in selling new products or introducing new lines.
- Salesmen are required to assist all departments with special or emergency deliveries only when necessary.
- Assist Sales Manager in orienting and training new salesperson, making field calls and giving instructions.
- Forwards information on competitors’ activities, new products and possible sales leads.
- May assist in collecting delinquent accounts; may obtain credit information from new customers.
- Operates company vehicle safely and in conformance with traffic laws; maintain vehicle and report any mechanical problems; observes established procedures in reporting accidents.
- Represents the company at all times in a public relations capacity.
- Submit weekly itinerary for the current week, call report from previous week and jobsite information sheets.
- Meet with the Sale Manager on a quarterly basis to review sale results and set sales objectives.
- Coordinates efforts with company advertising and promotions.
Ongoing Training/Personal Development/Sales Activities Participation:
- Attend sales meetings, company-sponsored training programs, industry trade shows and conventions, customer meetings, national sales meetings, and other training courses approved by management
- Self-directed study of new products/literature/promotions and read trade and other publications.
- Entertains customers and maintains good will.
- Know required features and demonstrate proficient use of all job support tools including computer system, telephone, fax, E-mail, voice mail, copier, and other job reference materials and documents.
- Must be able to identify, evaluate, and assimilate information before making quality decisions
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3-5 years of outside sales experience preferred
- Knowledge of construction tools and equipment
- Rental experience helpful
- Bilingual preferred
- Valid driver’s license and clean MVR
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Good computer and technical skills
- Good telephone etiquette
- Good questioning skills
- Good voice characteristics
- Good language use
- Above average reading comprehension
- Basic math skills
- Good attitude
- Legible handwriting
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- PTO and Sick Leave