Contact H&A for Details
Position Details & Responsibilities
Herk & Associates is recruiting a Territory Sales Manager for a highly reputable Construction and Forestry Equipment Dealership in the Buffalo/Niagara Falls, NY area.
We are looking for a self-motivated, experienced sales professional to join our team. The Territory Manager is responsible for the sale, rental and leasing of all new and used equipment. This position will be responsible for driving market share in the private sector of the company`s territory.
JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Schedules consistent calls and visits to current and potential customers.
- Develops rapport with all customers and developing partnerships with current and potential clients to grow market share in their territory
- Responsible for securing business, related but not limited to demonstrating products, assisting in technical presentations, offering consultative assistance in areas of machine specifications, attachments, etc. based on customer type and individual applications of machinery.
- Manage designated territories and customers to maximize our presence on equipment purchases.
- Meet or exceed company targets for units, dollars and gross profit.
- Promotes and sells allied support services such as preventative maintenance contracts and undercarriage repair and replacement.
- Attends and participates in sales meetings and sales training sessions as required to stay current with new equipment and special sales programs.
- Utilizes Company CRM system to manage up to date call logs, prospect lists and mileage information.
- Monitors competitors’ activity/products and provides timely communication to sales management.
- Follows the standard for conduct within the department. Provides positive, proactive attitude and cooperates with all company employees, vendors and customers. Follows Company and department policies whether written or verbal.
- Contribute to dealership`s overall success by performing additional duties as assigned.
For more information on this position, please contact Meredith Vachon at Herk & Associates:
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Proven experience in the sales and promotion of equipment that is directly or indirectly involved in one or more industry segments related to the construction/forestry industries served by the company, its customers, suppliers or competitors.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and a Customer Resource Management system.
- Ability to operate and demonstrate working features of Construction Equipment being sold or rented.
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours as well as work in various demanding environmental conditions.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record and must be able to pass a background check.