Contact H&A for Details
Position Details & Responsibilities
The Field Service Representative (FSR) will represent the Service Department at independently owned dealerships within an assigned region of the US. Efforts of the FSR are focused on dealer aftersales business development, technical and professional dealer personnel training guidance, service support systems oversight and warranty issue communication. Utilizing technical experience, basic service business knowledge, and machine functional and operational knowledge, the FSR will reinforce the ability of their assigned dealers to provide world class customer support to our mutual end customer.
- Advise and develop the dealer service department’s ability to support customers in assigned region.
- Monitor and advise on improvements to dealer service department’s profitability performance.
- Develop Dealer Certification Achievement Plans in cooperation with the Region Sales Managers (RSM).
- Regularly audit dealer campaign completion programs and support as needed.
- Prepare documentation and reports of visits to customers, dealers and regional events.
- Train and provide onsite support to dealer personnel on service systems and products.
- Participate in surveys with customers and dealers on a regular basis.
- Warranty: audit warranty claims for the dealers on regular basis; conduct visual inspections of warranty returned parts at dealer locations and determine disposition on warranty parts returns.
- Resolve “out of warranty” issues with goodwill authorizations as directed.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, AND TRAINING:
- Must possess a specialized engineering/production or technical training/degree in either college or vocational tech school
- Must be a Certified Field Technical Manager having completed and passed all assigned training within company teaching. For new hires or transfers, the person must complete all courses within 1 year of starting the FSR position.
SKILLS AND BACKGROUND:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within technical service oriented industry.
- Detailed knowledge of North American farming, construction and/or turf operational practices.
- Thorough understanding of Industrial Dealership business operations – emphasis on service business.
- Industrial, Ag or Heavy equipment service experience at either a dealer or OEM level.
- Ability to analyze Heavy Equipment performance issues and quickly identify resolutions.
- Excellent technical communication skills in both written and oral form with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in MS Office, SAP, iWarranty
If interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Kingston Wynn at KingstonW@herkandassociates.com