Contact H&A for Details
Position Details & Responsibilities
Herk and Associates has been retained by a large OEM that is looking for a Director of Manufacturing Engineering.
The Director of Manufacturing Engineering will develop and lead a multi-disciplinary engineering team that drives world class manufacturing processes and systems across all multiple sites and value streams. This role will be the functional lead for all Manufacturing Engineering resources and will play an important role in all manufacturing continuous improvement activates and strategies. The Director of Manufacturing Engineering will be responsible to support the various sites and their respective leadership teams with focus on Safety, Quality, Delivery, & Cost.
- Together with the site safety leaders and management team, support corporate safety programs and drive safety into the design of the product, process, & work environment.
- Hire, manage, and develop a technical team of manufacturing engineers capable of executing to the strategic plan with innovation ability, engineering know-how, and proven core competence.
- Aids in defining and coordinating the group manufacturing engineering strategy at each location aligned with the overall operations objectives of the company, including optimizing footprint, accelerating automation, managing product moves, leading new product introductions, driving lean improvement project, etc.
- A minimum of ten years of leadership experience in manufacturing, engineering, operational excellence, Lean, safety, and quality.
- Proven manufacturing expertise in the areas of Mechanical Assembly, Weld, and Fabrication.
- Experience leading Paint Operations, Electrical Assembly, Machining, and Warehouse Management highly desired.
- Ability to travel overnight and work long hours is required, although 40-48 hours per week is typical. Overnight travel is approximately 3-4 days per month with overseas travel of 1-2 times per year. Ability to obtain and maintain a Passport is required.
Will require relocation
If you are interested in discussing further please contact Jessica Rowe at email@example.com