Contact H&A for Details
Position Details & Responsibilities
Herk & Associates is recruiting a qualified Technical Trainer for a material handling/power/fleet management solutions dealership in Indianapolis, IN.
Position summary: Provides technical training for our repair technicians, and provides technical support for our service and sales departments, as well as our customers.
General Purpose: To help the development of a qualified repair technician staff by providing ongoing technical training, and to serve as technical support for our customers by serving as a liaison between the end user and the manufacturer.
- Partner with service management team in ensuring timely availability of appropriate technical training.
- Develop and implement classes that are needed based on our techs’ needs, as well as truck demographics.
- Ensure we are delivering the best possible quality of our training courses
- Must work with the service and sales staff to provide technical assistance whenever needed.
- Develop classes needed to provide the best in-house training for our repair technician staff – classes scheduled year ‘round.
- Stay current on all technical matters on the products we represent.
- Attend factory schools as available
- Self-study, e-Learning, as available
- Teach the classes developed to our techs or our customers’ technicians.
- Gather feedback from students, use feedback to make improvements as appropriate.
- Document student results for education tracking.
- Assist repair technicians and customers on technical matters that occur in the field.
- Work with factories to resolve technical problems.
- Maintain technical library on all products.
- Work with the BTG group as needed to ensure technician laptops are operational.
- Projects as assigned by Technical Training Manager.
Essential skills and experience:
- Strong communication skills – oral and written - with ability to clearly present technical materials to students and customers
- Commitment to company vision and mission
- Strong computer proficiency
- In depth mechanical knowledge of material handling products, with at least 3 years’ experience repairing these products
- Current certification for driving material handling equipment
Nonessential skills and experience:
- Industrial Hydraulics Certificate
- Technical college diploma or certification
- Awareness of lean business principles
For more information on this position, please contact Meredith Vachon at Herk & Associates: