Contact H&A for Details
Position Details & Responsibilities
- Assist in the development of and responsible for following the annual service budget. Goals are set based on the operational need of the branch in accordance with overall company objectives. Progress toward goals are monitored daily, and measured on a monthly basis.
- Develop and implement an annual Service growth plan.
- Responsible for the leadership, recruitment, screening, hiring, training, and development of Service personnel.
- Weekly meetings with cross functional staff at the branch to ensure priorities are clear and set across all teams in order to execute tasks efficiently and best serve the customer base, as well as the company
- Develop and maintain the service schedule using a priority system for all service work, both customer and internal.
- Schedule and assign jobs to employees according to their skills and knowledge.
- Review work orders for completeness and accuracy prior to customer billing.
- Utilize existing, and create new, reports necessary to monitor the performance of the Service Department and individual employees.
- Must be knowledgeable with all semi-trailer repair & maintenance, electrical, and welding best practices.
- Administer manufacturer warranty programs.
- Create, administer, and maintain local safety program.
- Periodically visit customers to monitor the customer relationship, evaluate their service needs, understand problems, and ensure satisfaction with branch performance.
- Ensures that necessary shop tools, and service equipment are available and maintained in good working order.
- Responsible for creation and execution of a service and maintenance plan for all service vehicles and equipment.
- Performs other duties or functions as directed by Senior Management
High school diploma required. Minimum four years as a service manager with a demonstrated ability to grow business. Must be able to read and write English (Bilingual with Spanish is preferred). Must be able to read and create computer generated reports, office reports, invoices, etc. Also, will be required to operate computer terminals. Must possess and use good leadership skills and have the ability to interact well with customers, vendors, and co-workers in a positive and constructive manner.
Ability to climb around, on and under trailers in order to properly inspect and diagnose all types of problems and repairs.
For more information, please reach out to Kingston Wynn at KingstonW@herkandassociates.com