Contact H&A for Details
Position Details & Responsibilities
The Key Account Manager (KAM) is responsible for developing, strengthening, and growing customer relationships and achieving sales revenue targets with his/her key account responsibility. This role is also responsible for identifying, prospecting and securing new customer business. The KAM is responsible for growing the sales revenue of his/her accounts within the approved pricing and product strategy of the company. The KAM also serves as a key communicator between customers and the TRC Management team.
Duties and Responsibilities
The KAM is a key representative of TRC to our strategic, high potential customers. This role must professionally represent the Wholesale division and the company overall. Primary duties and responsibilities for this important role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop strong partnership relationship with customer’s head quarter’s principles responsible for impacting direction of “spend” and establish a strong working relationship with all locations of the key accounts, regardless of location to cultivate a core book of business for consistent and repeatable sales
- Become a valued, sales partner with key customers by providing an unsurpassed customer experience across all steps in the selling process,
- Serve as an advocate and liaison for TRC’s top clients to ensure overall customer satisfaction
- Maintain a strong understanding of the industry and client needs; Update internal tracking and reporting systems to maintain accuracy in sales and volume metrics
- Lead in developing and evaluating promotions and marketing tools.
- Identify customer as well as product issues and recommend solutions and corrective actions.
- Identify unmet customer needs and opportunities that will produce additional sales,
- Prepare thoroughly for all sales presentations and proposals,
The secondary duties and responsibilities are to be performed as assigned include:
- Accurate and timely reporting of activity and sales.
- Present a neat, clean, business casual professional appearance.
- General organizational and administrative duties as directed by the Director of Sales.
General Work Requirements
The KAM is a vital member of the team, one who has a major impact on the unit sales and customer satisfaction. Accordingly, particular qualities and abilities are required for successful performance in this position, including:
- Excellent communication skills, including awareness of others and an effective listening ability.
- Enjoyment of sales process, presentations, overcoming objections, and asking for the sale.
- The ability to answer customer concerns diplomatically, reacts professionally, and identifies solutions.
- The ability to learn and consistently follow sales, presentation, and administrative procedures.
- The qualities required to work largely unsupervised via effective time and schedule management through the CRM tool (Sales I)
- Daily travel to interact with customer’s headquarters, regional, branch, counter associates and technicians.
- Travel Requirements – Overnight Travel 70% of the time depending on home location.
Skills, Training, and Education Requirements and Preferences
- Two+ years of territory sales experience, preferably in the automotive, truck or heavy equipment industry. OE Truck Dealers or Knowledge of traditional heavy duty aftermarket a plus.
- Mechanical aptitude or experience in automotive /truck or heavy equipment industry
- Solid skill set in terms of computer systems as well as Excel, Outlook, Smartphones, PowerPoint, and Cloud Based CRM Tool.
- The knowledge and ability to understand pricing and market conditions through mathematics.
- The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing,
- Organizational abilities to create and execute structured customer contacts.
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to pass a background check and Drug Screening,
If Interested in learning more about this position please reach out to Kingston Wynn at KingstonW@herkandassociates.com