L & M Radiator, Inc.
Position Details & Responsibilities
L&M Radiator, Inc. is a global designer, manufacturer, and distributor of MESABI cooling and heat transfer solutions that are custom-made for heavy equipment in the mining, oil, gas, and construction industries. We have been in the industry for over 64 years and we’re looking to add to our team!
The West Territory Sales Representative will travel through a designated territory to promote, market and sell MESABI products to prospective aftermarket customers while maintaining current client base. This position will report to the Aftermarket Sales Manager and interface with Customer Service, Drafting, and Engineering as required to encourage sales and assist with customer orders. The Sales Rep is required to follow-up on all quotes, report status and close deals. This position will travel up to 50% of the time. Domestic and international travel required and could include weekend travel depending on the project. The ideal candidate is results driven and competitive to consistently meet personal objectives and team goals.
Territory: Arkansas, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, California
Ideally Based out of Nevada or Arizona
Compensation and Benefits
Generous base salary compensation with bonus pay plan in addition to a comprehensive benefits package: medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, profit sharing, short & long-term disability & life insurance, generous PTO & holidays.
Job Summary: Responsible for professionally promoting and increasing the sales of MESABI Heat Exchangers within a designated territory.
Essential Job Functions:
- Travel through a designated territory to promote, market and sell MESABI Products to as many prospective customers as possible.
- Provide Sales Manager with weekly updated sales projections and detailed travel itinerary reports for the coming week.
- Provide expense and call reports to Sales Manager on a weekly basis to include details on what company was called on, who the rep met with and their title, a brief summary of the meeting should be included and if action is required and by whom.
- Submit a monthly report to the Sales Manager to report on updates in territory, sales efforts and key issues that relates to increasing sales in that territory.
- Maintain phone contact with Sales Assistant and Sales Manager.
- Interface with Customer Service, Drafting, and Engineering as required to encourage sales and assist with any service issues.
- Participate in monthly teleconference, report on sales efforts and provide information on new sales developments.
- Attend trade shows as required by the Sales Manager.
- Follow-up on all quotes provided by Customer Service and Engineering and report on their status.
- Perform work in a safe manner and follow all safety guidelines/procedures.
- Perform related work as required by supervisor.
- Domestic and international travel required and could include weekend travel depending on the project.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required for Entry Level:
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Must be results driven and competitive to consistently meet personal objectives and team goals.
- Solid presentation and public speaking.
- Effectively work and interface with other departments and groups.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and written, in English, clearly and effectively.
- Professionally present products to different levels of management and field operations.
- Use of electronic devices and communication tools as needed.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite Programs and CRM.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment DMV physical, drug and background test.
- Clean driving record and insurable.
Minimum Qualifications for Application:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 4+ years of aftermarket sales experience in mining, oil, gas or related industries.
- Ability to pass pre-employment screenings.
- Must live within Sales Territory
Preferred Qualifications for Application:
- 4-year college degree & 4 years of sales experience.
- Knowledge of Epicor or similar ERP.