Contact H&A for Details
Position Details & Responsibilities
Herk & Associates is recruiting an Operations Manager for a mining company in Southwest Florida.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for assisting the Director in all material mining activities (fill dirt, sand, shell, and base aggregates). This individual will provide leadership and operational support to all active personnel while onboarding new responsibilities as needed in relation to company growth.
- Will serve as second in command of mining operations.
- Understand and adapt to nuances and processes that are unique to the company`s deposit operations.
- Solve problems and provide hands-on support to crew as needed.
- Identify issues that arise and identify solutions to resolve them in a timely manner so as not to interrupt workflow.
- Actively work with crew to maintain or increase productivity of 500-600 truckloads for material processing.
- Use creative approaches to help establish improvements and standard operating procedures as needed.
- Work alongside other management to create and reach goals in production, efficiency, and product availability.
- Working in tandem with head mechanic and the maintenance department to ensure machine availability.
- Help establish improvements and standard operating procedures as needed.
Relocation Candidates Welcome.
- Must have 2+ years of leadership and management experience.
- Excavation experience necessary, experience in shell deposit excavation a plus.
- Ability to adapt and show flexibility in learning company policies and processes.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of heavy machinery mechanics and operation is a must.
For more information on this position, please contact Meredith Vachon at Herk & Associates: