Contact H&A for Details
Position Details & Responsibilities
Herk & Associates is recruiting a Generation Territory Manager for a Power Generation Equipment distributor in the greater Los Angeles County area.
The Generation Territory Manager will be primarily responsible for promoting and selling industrial equipment, including diesel, gas, and bi-fuel engine generators and transfer switches. He or she will also be responsible for establishing and maintaining market share, and establishing, cultivating, and maintaining commercial/industrial customer relationships in assigned area of responsibility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read and interpret specifications for potential generator sales.
- Pull specifications from plan (on-line or hand delivered).
- Build new (and maintain current) customer relationships.
- Communicate with customers to win generator projects, either through negotiated work or through public bids.
- Be able to properly size a generator system to fit a customer’s unique application
- Maintain company database, updated with new business contact, quotes, and sales.
- Act as (and work with) project manager as needed to ensure proper equipment is quoted, built, delivered and invoiced as intended.
- Ensure project profitability
- Communicate well with management, service dept, fellow employees, factory and vendors
- Employee will be responsible for a sales territory established by the Sales Manager.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed
- Other duties as assigned
*role is open to relocation candidates*
- 2+ years prior Sales and/or Project Management experience
- Ability to read single line diagrams and specs
- Electrical knowledge or knowledge of generators is ideal
- Proven Customer Service experience
- Problem Solving skills and strong work ethic is a must
For more information on this position, please contact Meredith Vachon at Herk & Associates: