POWER EQUIPMENT COMPANY
Position Details & Responsibilities
Since 1936 Power Equipment Company (PECO) has been a distributor of heavy construction and aggregate equipment serving the construction, mining and aggregate industries in multiple locations. PECO is looking for an experienced Service Managers at our Denver, CO location. All locations provide equipment rentals and sales as well as complete parts and service support for all of our product lines. We pride ourselves in our commitment to our customers and are dedicated to supporting your equipment now and in the future in order to guarantee your success.
As the direct point of contact for both internal and external customers, the service manager is responsible for directing and supervising the daily activities of the shop service staff, with the goal of ensuring customer satisfaction through timely and accurate completion of repair and maintenance work orders. Timely customer response and timely invoicing with detail is critical to customer satisfaction.
Oversees all aspects of the branch Service Department both internally and field. As the direct point of contact for both internal and external customers, the Service Manager is responsible for directing and supervising the daily activities of the service staff, with the goal of ensuring the highest customer satisfaction through timely and accurate completion of repair and maintenance work orders.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure customer communications, customer relations and customer service is the top priority.
- Applies experience and judgment in the interpretation and application of direction established by senior management.
- Oversees all work including field service to ensure work is completed to customer’s satisfaction.
- Good understanding of financial principles relative to service operations
- Possess strong managerial and organizational skills with the drive to set and achieve quarterly goals
- Update Branch manager weekly on service activities including potential problem areas
- Drive customer sales with inspections of all machines with recommendations to client of other required work
- Provide technical advice, advise customers of estimated repairs, costs and expected completion of work.
- Advises management of any recommendations for improvements
- Ensure all work orders (internal & external), are charged out in a timely, profitable manner.
- Call customers personally to advise if a service job is going to fall behind schedule and continue to give updates
- Maintain and produce accurate records of discussions or correspondence with customers, vendors and associates.
- Sees that shop and field work orders are properly handled, that proper entries are made concerning time and overtime and that parts and equipment used are accounted for.
- Supervises the quality of work performed and sees that standards of performance are maintained
- Ensure that any service is followed up with satisfaction phone call and review any negative feedback with the Branch Manager on a weekly basis.
- Sees that a proper library of manuals, service bulletins, instructions and references for mechanics, equipment and service operations is maintained and properly used.
- Notifies the status and current progress of jobs for the sales and rental department, along with activity updates to management.
- Work with customers to resolve any complaints/issues.
- Recruit, interview and hire any new Service Technicians as needed.
- Mentor existing staff and drive a spirit of respect, cooperation and teamwork.
- Develop and monitor ongoing training and retention programs for existing technicians.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to improve operational efficiency.
- Maintain a safe and compliant working environment.
- Ensure company assets are maintained for optimum reliability, safety, while controlling costs.
- Work closely with the parts department on delivery, pricing, and returns.
- Work closely with the sales and rental department to provide technical and repair support.
- Maintain current and valid logs, registrations, licenses for all service vehicles and rental equipment.
- Complete annual reviews of assigned employees
- Participate in company events and team building exercises
- Participate in any manufacture off-site training with travel required on an as needed basis.
- Other duties as they arise
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma; Trade School (2 yr. degree) preferred
- 3 to 5 years practical/managerial experience in the Heavy Equipment Industry.
- Previous supervisory experience Preferred.
- Compensation is commensurate with experience.
- This position requires sitting, stooping, kneeling, pushing, climbing, moving and reaching overhead and working overhead.
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs. and work inside and outdoors in various climate and temperatures.
- This position is exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, electrical systems, hazardous materials, fumes, airborne particles and moderate noise levels. Appropriate PPE gear must be worn as required.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient utilizing computers including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Internet Explorer and general laptop or desktop computer use.
- Advanced technical software application understanding with relevant industry experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must have valid Driver’s License to operate company vehicles.
- Must complete MSHA, First Aid, and CPR certifications as required.
- Must complete in-service training as required including continuing education with verifiable credits from Manufacturer’s technical schools or organizational training programs.
Product lines include:
- Volvo CE
- Link-belt Cranes
- Screen Machine
Visit us at: www.power-equip.com
Selected candidates are subject to a pre-employment drug screen, reference checks and post-offer background check and MVR
Power Equipment Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer