Contact H&A for Details
Position Details & Responsibilities
Herk and Associates has been retained by a specialized heavy-duty truck mounted equipment manufacturer and distributor. Our client is looking to add an experienced Service Manager to their team who will be able to provide mentorship, support, and coaching.
The objective of this role is to manage the Service Department to repair and maintain customer equipment and assist in developing market opportunities and managing relationships with customers and to service existing accounts as well as new target opportunities.
Below are some additional roles that the Service Manager will be responsible for:
- Reporting to the General Manager, qualified candidates will be responsible for the Management and Supervision of the following functions
- Scheduling of service and repairs of all equipment
- All shop equipment maintenance and repair
- New and used equipment preparation along with warranty repairs, and Rental fleet equipment
- Safety and Environmental compliance programs, including Technician training paths
- Management of entire Service Department staff
- Full P&L responsibility and the department’s achievement of key financial metrics
- Work on trucks, truck mounted cranes and railroad equipment
- Determine vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests, identifying worn and damaged parts
- Diagnose electrical and hydraulic system problems and complete necessary repairs and maintenance
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules, installing component and part upgrades, controlling corrosion, completing winterization procedures
- 10 years of proven Management and Technician/Mechanic experience with heavy-duty truck and truck mounted equipment expertise in a service workshop environment
- Must be able to read engineering drawings and hydraulic schematics
- Self-motivated and disciplined with an ability to work closely with management and customers
- Excellent communication, analytical, and problem- solving skills, with the ability to work well under pressure
- Must be dependable and have a valid driver’s license
- Good PC Skills: Excel and Word
For more information, please contact Sandra Garcia at Herk & Associates.
Phone: 480.348.0886 ext 11