ROMCO Equipment Co
Position Details & Responsibilities
Our customers are the people who build Texas and we`re proud to help them get the job done. ROMCO Equipment Company has supported the biggest names in the Texas construction and mining industries by filling their heavy equipment needs since 1961.
ROMCO is currently seeking a talented and driven Sales Engineer to join our team.
The Sales Engineer will assist with the development of ROMCO’s Equipment Operated Rental (EOR) Program and product application sales tools.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Become product application expert for excavation
- Understand product capabilities, make recommendations for right sizing fleet and application.
- Become resource for ROMCO Equipment Sales Dept to continue EOR program growth.
- Complete production studies for existing excavation operations and proposed customer jobsites.
- Include haul route mapping through GPS and utilize Site Simulation Software.
- Measure current production and compare with optimum/desired goals.
- Compare different excavation methods, identify and quantify product opportunities.
- Develop and deliver customer presentations, written and verbal, explaining optimum customer solution.
- Create and maintain list of current and prospective jobs.
- Create customer quotations.
- Follow up on opportunities, help close EOR deals.
- Assist in delivery/logistics planning.
- Create and update job worksheets with production information weekly.
- Assure that customers are billed accurately on monthly basis.
- Monitor fleet usage and requirements based on upcoming projects
- Monitor job progress and productivity, assuring maximum efficiency
- Schedule projects to optimize fleet availability
- Assist ROMCO Equipment Sales Rep with direct weekly customer communication regarding job performance and benchmarking goals.
- Uptime Kits; review contents to assure correct process and parts are in place to maximize jobsite uptime.
EOR Sales and Operations Tools
- Develop and create job success stories.
- Provide material for marketing tools including pictures, product and job information for brochures, advertising, social media, etc.
- EOR Operators
- Monitor safety training needs, for example schedule MSHA training as required.
- Develop operator training curriculum and assist in execution.
- Recognize proper operating techniques and make recommendations for operator improvement.
- EOR Fleet
- Refine and implement daily inspection reports.
- Refine and implement job safety reports.
- Refine the machine detailed rental ready checklist as needed
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the Sales Engineer position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
ROMCO Equipment Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and drug free, work environment that offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, disability, and 401k program with employer matching.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Effective communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to prioritize duties and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent organizational skills
- Possess well-developed leadership skills
- Ability to work well with others including employees, customers, and vendors
- Must be proficient in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Some travel required, mostly within the state of Texas
Education and Experience
- Bachelors of Science degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management and 3-5 years industry experience preferred.