TranSource Truck & Trailer
Position Details & Responsibilities
Assist the parts manager in striving to return a satisfactory profit on dealer capital invested in parts inventory while insuring a consistently high level of employee productivity. Accomplish objectives through the use of proper inventory control, LPA reporting and functions, staff utilization, pricing, merchandising, advertising and adherence to facility safety practices.
The Assistant Parts Manager will oversee the daily activities of the parts counter and the parts department employees and be responsible for:
- Enforcing with the help of the parts manager all company policies and procedures
- Maintaining a safe work environment
- Assisting parts manager in maintaining focus on parts department budget goals and other objectives for the department
- Help parts manager in controlling operating expenses
- Monitoring and adjusting inventory to minimize obsolescence
- Submitting returns, discrepancies and core returns on a timely basis
- Direct the day to day activities of the parts department employees
- Assisting the parts manager in training and evaluating parts department employees
- Helps ensure that the same high quality level of service provided to outside customers is also provided to internal dealership customers i.e. service department, sales department, etc
- Provides technical assistance to parts department employees
- Directs shipping and receiving efforts to ensure to ensure timely processing of incoming and outgoing shipments
- Enforces safety requirements, including but not limited to forklift training and operation and processing of MSDS sheets on all products carried
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state and local regulations that may affect parts sales.
- Maintains professional appearance and ensures that the parts department employees present a professional appearance to the public.
7:30a-5 p (M-F)
- High School Diploma/College Degree Preferred
- Minimum two years experience as a parts counterman and/or equivalent experience in a service related industry
- Possess strong managerial and organizational skills
- Excellent Communication skills both oral and written
- CDK Experience a Plus
- Must be committed to 100% customer satisfaction
- Must have enthusiasm for training and motivating direct reports and being involved in their career development
- Must be able to manage customer expectations, lead direct reports and be flexible with both while meeting objectives.
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with all Microsoft Office products and software. Efficient in use of Microsoft Outlook