Position Details & Responsibilities
District Sales Manager Job Description:
Attain monthly sales revenue and margin quota by delivering company products and customer support to company dealers in an efficient, timely and professional manner. The duties include, but aren’t limited to, execute all aspects of sales activities in order to reach monthly quota. The District Manager reports to the Sales Manager and provides support to the dealers, dealer personnel and Company Sales and Product Support departments.
- Sales funnel from cold-calling to closing
- Monitor and report on market share numbers in the assigned territory for both wholesale and retail shipments
- Preparation and submission of price and delivery quotations for immediate and future sales
- Submit any and all special pricing, terms, financing and delivery requirements to the company Sales Manager for pre-approval
- Compilation of sales training materials in conjunction with the Company Marketing Manager and Product Support group
- Conduct effective sales training sessions for dealer personnel on a scheduled basis plus demos.
- Participate in machine demonstrations
- Provide product expertise to end users, dealers sales personnel, and management
- Compile and report pricing information from competitors
- Participate in local, regional and national events related to the business
- Visit dealers on a scheduled, agreed upon timeline
- Make customer calls with dealers sales and management personnel as required
- Travel to customer sites to assist with the installation and problem resolution as it pertains to machines
- Assist dealers with utilizing available advertising co-op money
- Enter weekly sales calls into CRM
- Job Type: Full-time
- 1-2 Years of Construction or Heavy Equipment Sales and Marketing Experience.
- Familiar with Construction Equipment Manufactures and Products.
- Ability to Perform Various Tasks Simultaneously.
- Comfortable with Public Speaking.
- Ability to Travel 50% - 70% of Time.
- Excellent Communication skills
- Computer skills necessary