ASV Holdings - District Sales Manager (SC Region)
Position Details & Responsibilities
ASV Holdings, Inc. designs and manufactures compact track loaders and skid steers used primarily used in construction, forestry, landscaping, and agriculture. ASV has an immediate opening for a District Sales Manager in the Sales Department. This position will report directly to the National Sales Manager.
Develop and implement a selling plan, covering assigned accounts and territory, to attain orders received and key objectives established annually within defined budget and time requirements.
- Evaluates and ranks multiple prospects in the dealer selection process, makes recommendations to the National Sales Manager.
- Identifies and prioritizes open points, conducts market analysis and selects markets.
- Assist dealers in securing floor planning.
- Achieve wholesale, retail sales, and market share goals within the territory.
- Assists dealers in establishing wholesale and retail goals, creating market demand within their territories, proper stocking of product, and developing and implementing retail sales plans.
- Drives dealer profitability; encourages dealers to participate in all service schools, programs, and sales training opportunities.
- Assist in planning and participates in marketing shows, dealer shows, exhibits, and displays.
- Manages administrative reporting and analysis needed by management to monitor district.
- Promotes financially stable dealer network and reports and responds to dealer needs.
- Reports problems, status, and attitudes of the dealer network to management.
- Manages dealer profiles.
- Conducts product demos for prospective customers and dealers.
- Closely monitors competitive dealer and manufacturer activities within their territory.
- Manages discount levels and always works toward improving ASV’s margins.
- Makes sure customers are receiving access to parts personnel and other team members as needed.
- Organizes and plans sales for efficient and productive coverage by own initiatives as well as by utilization of company’s sales business tools (e.g. business plan, account profiles, etc.)
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote products and meet with key customers relative to progressing sales and associated business goals.
- Perform work in a safe manner, following all safety rules.
- Attainment of new order objectives for each product group represented through market and customer analysis, strong selling techniques, well planned sales calls, follow-up of sales leads, and well organized and efficient account development and maintenance.
- Always promotes positive ASV dealer relations.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or similar field preferred.
- Five plus (5+) years of relevant experience.
- Dealership Management experience strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative.
- Able to gather and analyze relevant information, and coordinate work with other team members.
- Contributes information and ideas to development of project plans.
- Identifies complex problems and recommends solutions.
- Independent decision making skills.
- Functions independently within context of day-to-day activities.
- Influences how own work assignments are completed. Some creativity in accomplishing assignments and use of discretion and independent judgement required.
- Excellent written communication and record keeping skills; along with excellent verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrates effective negotiation and closing techniques.
- Proven experience in managing client relationships, and achieving quota and goals.
- Strong analysis and judgement skills.
- Effective organization and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, research, address, and resolve challenges in a professional manner. Proven problem solving skills.
Frequent business travel, including overnight. Valid driver`s license required.
The above Job Description is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this position. It is intended to be a guideline reflecting the principle activities.