Roland Machinery Co.
Position Details & Responsibilities
Roland Machinery Company is a heavy equipment dealership. A heavy equipment sales and service company which has been in business for over 60 years, having 17 locations covering 5 states. We offer a career with an excellent wage and benefit package to qualified technicians that possess a positive attitude, solid work ethic, solid computer skills, and an above average mechanical aptitude.
- This position requires a self-motivated, detail-oriented individual who can work effectively with a variety of people. The incumbent will possess the ability to multi-task, remain extremely organized, and be able to develop relationships with current and potential customers.
- Take an active role in managing & growing a dedicated sales territory that includes a large, pre-existing customer base
- Prospect & develop new leads/accounts through cold calling
- Collaborate with customers to bring them unique ideas & solutions plus provide exceptional customer service & professionalism throughout the sales experience
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem-solving & presentation skills a MUST
- Overnight travel is required - work remotely from home
- Heavy and forestry equipment sales or equivalent experience a plus
- Establish and maintain relationships with new/current customers to enhance the potential to sell, rent and lease new and used equipment, parts, and service to increase loyalty, market awareness, and increase market share.
- Maintains quality service by enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing expected results, meeting established goals, effective communication, respect, honesty, integrity, and being a team player.
- Maintain a contact management type database for designated territory; maintain accurate and up-to-date call logs, prospects lists, lead generation, lost sales reports, pipeline management, and quoting functions.
- 2+ years Outside Sales experience preferred
- Minimum of one to three years of work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is required
- Good understanding of the major market segments including aggregate/mining, infrastructure, heavy highway, forestry, energy, residential, non-residential, and waste management
- Excellent communication skills, with all levels including corporate level executives
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, and self-motivation skills
- Good product and applications knowledge
- Financial knowledge. Have awareness of P & L management in an equipment dealership environment
- Computer skills. Proficient with Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, financial accounting, inventory management, and CRM systems
- Maintain a valid, clean driver’s license
- Extensive driving
- Competitive Pay
- Health Insurance
- 401K Match