Equipment Corporation of America
Position Details & Responsibilities
Department: Service – Foundation Drilling Equipment/Products Shop Mechanic & Field Mechanic
Shift: Full Time
Position Available Coverage: Western PA, Western NY, Upper Midwest & Lower Midwest. Our office is located in Coraopolis, PA.
Travel: Yes, overnight required
Responsibilities & Operational Functions:
- Assembly and disassembly of any and all components and accessories on large drilling equipment and foundation piling equipment; including but not limited to hydraulic cylinders, hoses, lines, pumps and controls; diesel engines; undercarriage assemblies; transmissions and torque-converters; final drives; operators compartment and ROPS assemblies; drilling buckets, augers and core barrels and other ground engaging tools; wheels and brake assemblies; and equipment structural components.
- Machining and fabrication of steel components for drilling and piling equipment using mechanics hand tools and power driven tools.
- Perform thorough diagnostic testing of mechanical & electrical systems to isolate potential problems.
- Write up detailed service reports, look-up parts, and complete parts order requisitions and other related paperwork.
- Operate forklift truck, overhead crane, power grinders, heavy-duty air tools, hydraulic torque multipliers, welding/cutting/burning tools and operate all types of heavy construction equipment sometimes in very tight spaces.
- Completes repairs and PM’s on Drilling equipment and Pile Driving equipment within the required timeframe.
- Perform diagnostic testing of mechanical systems to isolate potential problems.
- Assembly and disassembly of any and all components on Rental Fleet equipment, including but not limited to hydraulic cylinders, hoses, lines, pumps, motors and controls.
- Safely and efficiently Assemble and disassemble drilling equipment for inspections and repairs.
- Completes check in / check-out sheets for rental equipment.
- Cleans and washes equipment.
- May perform minor repairs at jobsite locations.
- Notifies Store Manager of suspected customer damage immediately upon identification Completes quality control service tags when inspecting rental equipment.
- Ability to travel and stay overnight as needed for the road mechanic position.
All duties above are expected both of the field and shop service mechanic. ECA provides the required field service truck and related accessories. Field/shop mechanics are required to provide any and all hand tools up to 3/4" drive socket and up to 65mm open/ closed end wrenches, Electrical and hydraulic testing gauges, standard hand drivers and pry bars, Allen key`s up to 22mm, Air tools are expected up to3/4”.