Position Details & Responsibilities
OEM Truck Dealership seeking Service Advisor
The Service Advisor sells and schedules needed service work on commercial trucks and equipment for the dealership service department. This role is the pivotal point between the customer and the service operations, therefore exceptional customer service skills and a team mentality are essential for the potential candidate.
- Interviews customers and clearly translates current problems, in order to expedite troubleshooting and diagnostic activities.
- Investigate and become knowledgeable with customer and vehicle history, to identify trends or relationships to previous repairs, or known recalls and bulletins.
- Creates work orders in business system, with details outlining customer`s vehicle problems, accurately and clearly verifying customer information.
- Enforces customer`s method of payment. Escalates discrepancies to appropriate levels to solve issues.
- Ensure Service Foremen’s’ are aware of incoming work, including priority levels and customer’s expectations.
- Checks in vehicles in a timely manner, including handling items listed above, in addition to, performing visual inspections, pulling diagnostic codes into our business software and handing off work orders to foremen.
- Ensure that vehicles are parked in assigned areas. Make sure they are locked and all keys are marked and put away correctly using standardized key tags.
- Communicate updates from customer to foremen.
- Check on progress of repair throughout the day. Contact customers regarding any changes in the estimate or promised time, explains cost and time requirements in detail, and gets proper authorization before any additional repairs are performed.
- Handle telephone inquiries regarding inbound work and work in process.
- Review repair orders to ensure that work is completed and additional work and authorization is noted. Close repair order as appropriate.
- Works with the various OEMS to obtain good will assistance and warranty verifications.
- Keeps detailed records of all activities relating to assigned service activities, in order to perform future review.
- Teamwork mentality a must.
- A take “ownership” mentality of job duties
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- One to three years’ service experience.
- Proven track record with organizational and analytical skills.
- Valid NC driving license. (CDL license a plus)
- Driving record that will allow insurability by the company`s carrier.