Position Details & Responsibilities
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, industrial and forestry industries that maximizes value for customers through innovative solutions. With a full line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels and a global service network, we help customers safely and sustainably optimize their operations. Our Komatsu, P&H, Joy, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC and Gigaphoton equipment and services are used to extract fundamental minerals and develop modern infrastructure.
The Yard/Fleet Manager will be responsible for performing repair of machinery and components at high levels of efficiency & quality. This individual must be able to work with minimal supervision:
- a) Recondition & repair all equipment components & systems as assigned by Service Manager
- b) Maintain and care for shop tools, equipment and vehicles
- c) Communicate with others professionally
- d) Perform diagnostic inspections as directed
- Ability to work safely & efficiently; Follows all company policies & procedures
- Maintains high employee morale
- Maintains excellent customer and employee relations
Typical duties will include the following and/or similar, but are not limited to:
- Recondition and repair equipment and components
- Follows instruction by the service manager and working Forman in performing repairs and other work assigned
- Order all parts and materials required to perform assigned repairs
- Effect the repairs required in a safe and effective manner
- Ensure that all repairs are completed on time & in an efficient manner as assigned
- Ensure the cosmetic appearance upon completion as required
- Ensure all parts and materials not used are returned as per guidelines
- Maintain the work area in a clean and safe condition
- Maintain good working records for time, parts, supplies and outside purchases in repairs
- All record-keeping methods are followed as per instructions
- All cost related items are included in the work order file
- Ensure all records kept are legible and in compliance with established methods
- Maintain and care for Company shop tools, equipment and vehicles
- All specialty tools used on the job are obtained using established methods
- All tools and special equipment used on repairs are clean before returning to the tool room
- All specialty tools used on jobs are returned to the original location in working condition
- Maintains and provides all basic hand and diagnostic tools to perform the work assigned as set by the service manager
- Maintain excellent customer and employee relations:
- All communications with customers is conducted in a manner reflecting respect, honesty and promoting a positive company image;
- All communications with co-workers is conducted per our “Code of Conduct”
- Perform diagnostic inspections as directed
- All inspections required to determine cause of failure is done following established guidelines
- All inspections are completed with cause of failure identified
- All failures identified are matched to solutions necessary to affect a repair
- Must be able to apply the seven principles of the KOMATSU Way to their everyday work activities where applicable, and always put safety first.
- Must have ability to frequently bend, squat, climb stairs and lift & have the ability to lift, pull and/or push up to 50 pounds w/o assistance.
- A technical school certificate or equivalent experience in mechanical repairs; A good working knowledge of equipment operations and mechanical functions; Strong diagnostic skills
- In the service department, the skills and dedication of the technical staff is of paramount importance. These individuals, by nature of their work, are expected to provide high quality, efficient repairs within acceptable time standards.
- Quality of work will be measured by the rate of redo/rework…<1.0% of labor
- Quality of work will be measured by the labor efficiency……>90% of applied time
- Time measures will be judged against job standards…………>90% of work completed within guidelines
- Follows all instructions by the Service management and working foreman
- The individual in this position should be personable, a problem solver, reliable, ethical, intelligent and able to adapt to all of the forces around them – customers, suppliers, department employees, co-workers and manufacturers employees.
All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by an employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor(s)/manager(s).
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skill and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.