Al Asher & Sons, Inc.
Position Details & Responsibilities
Join our TEAM as we celebrate over 100 years in a family legacy business in a challenging and rewarding career as a highly skilled Rental Yard Heavy Duty Equipment Repair Mechanic. Are you ready to take the next step and work on equipment that requires a high level of skill? Are you well versed in hydraulics, electrical circuit testing, and basic diesel truck and trailer repairs? We are seeking technicians that provide superior maintenance and repairs on our equipment. We care about our technician’s potential for growth and skill enhancement. Talented and highly skilled personell are on hand to assist with technicians in every development phase for a successful job transition.
Our Rental Yard is looking for experienced Heavy Duty Equipment Repair Mechanics. Successful candidates will be responsible for diagnosing and repairing medium to heavy duty diesel trucks and trailers, with various types of lifting booms and hydraulic operated cable winching equipment attached. We`re looking for highly skilled, well-trained, organized professionals with their own complete roll-away set of tools, people that take pride in their work and can perform various duties as required throughout the day.
- Diagnose trucks for immediate repairs, such as smoking engines, burned out clutches. Circuit test electrical, hydraulic and air systems based on observational and mechanical bench testing as well as information provided from Operator Manuals.
- Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services on trucks and trailer equipment including batteries, lube oil and filter changes, and be able to inspect brakes, and identify engine and transmission leaks.
- Must be able to read Operator Manuals on Altec, Versalift, Telsta, and Terex cranes, and other various utility equipment such as Sherman Reilly, Hogg Davis, OK Champion,TSE and other well-known manufacturers in the Telephone and Electrical Utility Truck Industry is highly desired. Previous experience in heavy duty truck hydraulic equipment of any kind is a plus. Ultimate goal is to have the successful candidate operate and be responsible for the Equipment Body Transfer and Refurb Dept, which will be heavily involved in transferring booms and bodies from retired trucks to new trucks. Proper training and mentoring will be readily available to the successful candidate. Ability to perform light welding and fabrication work very helpful. Knowledge of boom and body transfer mounts from truck to truck highly desirable. Will train to suit the position.
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, electrical, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition. Must be familiar in repairing and troubleshooting of major components such as diesel engines, transmissions and differentials, to include replacing complete assemblies such as turbochargers and fuel system components. Be able to identify and determine parts required for repair on disassembled components, such as hydraulic gear boxes and winch assemblies.
- Maintain work area neat appearance and observe safety procedures at all times.
- Be able to multi-task and switch jobs when requested or assigned by supervisor
- Must be able to arrive on time each day, allowing for freeway traffic and weather conditions.
- Good working mechanical knowledge and communication skills
- Practical experience as a full service Heavy Duty Equipment Repair Mechanic
- Know how to bench test and diagnose various components-will train to suit
- Class “B” driver`s license is desirable
- Should have own roll-away tool cabinet and various equipment required to conduct all types of hydraulic, air, and electric component repairs
- Be a self-starter and continued excellent attendance record a must.
- Commitment to customer service and attention to detail
- Must be able to tear down and re-assemble heavy duty truck hydraulic components with minimum supervision
- Successful candidate will be properly trained by highly skilled personnel to efficiently handle troubleshooting assignments; will be trained to verify equipment is Rent Ready, and be familiar with Cal-Osha safety requirements
- 5+ years Journeyman Heavy Duty Equipment Repair Mechanic experience
- Must have own complete set of mechanic’s tools
- Pass a security check
- Career oriented individuals looking for stability and excellent future growth as well as continued enhancement of their skills will do well with our TEAM.
- Hourly full-time position M-F (7:00 am – 3:30 pm)
- Fully paid Medical Insurance coverage
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick days
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Opportunity for upside growth and advancement with an established 100-year-old Company
- Salary: $29.00 to $42.00 per hour depending upon experience and qualifications.