Position Details & Responsibilities
Job Duties Summary: Provide supervision and leadership to department members. Plan, direct and implement an effective parts program to the highest industry standards and to the satisfaction of our customer base.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following and other duties as assigned
- Develop and implement programs for sales and inventory of all parts.
- Oversee the performance of department employees to obtain efficiency on all work performed by the department. Actively manage and approve all lunch breaks, overtime, vacations, unpaid leave, and other staffing requirements so that the department runs efficiently.
- Maintain maximum profits for the department in accordance with mutually determined goals.
- Exercise appropriate expense control.
- Work with shop foreman, rental manager and service manager to organize, prioritize and inform all parties of parts ordered and in transit as soon as possible.
- Meet personally with the service manager to discuss upcoming requirements, and ensure a timely and profitable flow of parts.
- Meet with the parts staff to assign duties, review progress, set goals, address problems, and maintain communication within the departments.
- Communicate with customers directly, and through your staff as needed to maintain exemplary customer service.
- Prepare written quotes as needed for the sales and service department and all customers.
- Track all lost sales when possible.
- Oversee and make the sale of parts over the counter and through equipment sales and service departments, including periodic customer visits with salesman.
- Maintain prudent inventory levels consistent with annual inventory turn ratios and stock to emergency ratios.
- Manage and maintain all work in process. Close all received orders as soon as possible.
- Manage and maintain the will call parts area to insure parts do not remain in will call for extended periods of time.
- Ensure that all price files and part number changes are up to date, accurate, and consistently maintained in the system.
- Oversee the safety programs for the department, including but not limited to meetings, documentation, hazard correction, accident investigation, and compliance with all OSHA, EPA and other regulatory agencies.
- Coordinate that all department employees have the proper documentation including up to date catalogs, pricing lists, schematics, software and other tools to complete assigned tasks.
- Actively manage the return of incorrect parts, to ensure that all credits for returned parts are received and processed.
- Actively manage dead stock through the use of all available returns, special pricing, and inter-branch transfers.
- Ensure that stock is replenished as needed.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Some college coursework preferred
- Intermediate Computer Skills required, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Technical knowledge and understanding commensurate with a journeyman level technician.
- Valid Virginia Driver’s License
- Interpersonal and written communication skills necessary
- Ability to mediate and solve problems
- Willingness and ability to create results using a team environment