Western Branch Diesel, Inc.
Position Details & Responsibilities
Performs highly skilled tasks in the diagnosis of malfunctions, repairs, preventive maintenance, and adjustments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
Product Knowledge & Capabilities
- Expert level knowledge of all tools and equipment required to diagnose and repair diesel-powered generators, Automatic Transfer Switches, Paralleling Switchgear, and UPS systems.
- Troubleshoot complex operational failures of generator sets, paralleling switchgear, ATS, and UPS systems.
- Determine corrective action through inspection of failed parts.
- Order replacement parts and services in a manner that promotes efficiency and effectiveness.
- Expert level knowledge of all tools and equipment required to repair major sub-systems and sub-assemblies.
- Perform startup and commissioning on large genset units, paralleling switchgear, and UPS systems.
- Perform heavy electrical and heavy mechanical repairs to the engine, generator or components.
- Use low and high voltage load banks for testing and repair of generator sets.
- Ability to learn new activities and procedures relating to the position (i.e. new technology on new equipment).
- Expert level of computer and electronics knowledge.
- Actively maintains current knowledge of products in order to associate symptoms or failures to a specific technical bulletin or other published information.
- Expert level knowledge on warranty periods and guidelines for replacement components.
Service Procedures & Systems
- Comply with all Service Department procedures and practices in a consistent fashion.
- Maintains work area in a safe, orderly, and clean manner.
- Completes necessary documentation.
- Must consistently demonstrate the ability to safely operate all types of pleasure and commercial vehicles/equipment.
Quality & Customer Service
- Must be able to work special/emergency hours as required.
- Must be willing to travel and work hours as required by job and customer demand.
- Commit to delivering the highest level of customer service and quality.
- Maintain a high degree of ownership over all aspects of the repair.
- Strive for completion on time, within estimate, done right the first time, and as per customer expectations on all assignments.
- Attention to detail and cleanliness in completing service activities at customer locations.
Productivity & Efficiency
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks of the job to maintain the highest level of efficiency.
- Must maintain an average minimum labor efficiency of 85%
- Recognize when to solicit assistance prior to spending excessive time to resolve an issue.
- Must attend and successfully complete all job-related educational courses & updates.
- Must have completed all WBT for at least one major product model.
- Must be a logical, active learner, with good reading, listening, and problem-solving
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions/directions.
- Must possess a complete set of tools and toolbox.
- Must comply with Company Policies as stated in the “Western Branch Diesel Co. Handbook” and amendments thereto.
- Must comply with Company and Department procedural guidelines/memos as directed.