USA Rental & Sales Inc.
Position Details & Responsibilities
Rental Equipment Mechanic
USA Rental & Sales, Inc. - Russellville, KY
USA Rental and Supply, Inc. is looking for a rental equipment mechanic that has a history of working with and on various types of construction equipment such as Aerial, earthmoving, and material handling. The above is in no way a complete list and is just a sampling of some of the equipment that we offer. The Mechanics responsibilities include repairing, diagnosing, inspecting and maintaining various types of equipment, both in the shop and in the field. This job requires at least 5 years prior Rental Equipment Mechanic.
- Perform maintenance and repairs of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and diesel systems
- Effectively diagnose problems, troubleshoot, and determine necessary repairs or services including transmission issues, injector problems and electrical systems. Repair or replace defective parts
- Able to read schematics (both electrical and hydraulic)
- Explain service and repair work performed to customers
- Remain available and perform off-hours services to customers in accordance with the company work schedule
- Perform proper inspections
- Test products after service/repair completion to ensure products are functioning properly
- Use sound judgment to deal with and eliminate safety related issues
- Complete disassembly and inspection efficiently so that parts are promptly identified and ordered
- Provide detailed and clear service reports
- Advise management of shortages and required repairs or service to ensure safe and effective operation of the equipment
- Perform maintenance and repairs in accordance with equipment manufacturer`s instructions and recommendations
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Utilize applicable PPE
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Strong work ethic, capable of leading a team.
- Experience, ability and desire to provide superior customer service.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong Computer skills.
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift up to 80 lbs. safely
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Positive attitude, Professional appearance
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong customer service skills, Able to communicate effectively with customers and co-workers
- Able to function well as part of a team
- Diligent attention to detail and safety requirements
- Must be willing and able to pass a drug screening test
Must be physically fit enough to load and unload various freight and equipment from trailer.
Must be able to safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery.
Must be able to safely walk, reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat & kneel as necessary to perform the job duties.
Job Type: Full-time