Position Details & Responsibilities
This individual will be responsible for the effective repair of machinery and components at high levels of quality. Their work must be completed in a safe, professional and timely manner. Daily duties will include daily customer contact, diagnosing, troubleshooting using diagnostic tools and making repairs.
- Diagnose, inspect, recondition, repair, assemble, and service equipment as assigned by the supervisor.
- Maintain a clean work area, as well as care for all shop tools, machines, and equipment.
- Identify and communicate solutions for customer service opportunities in the dealership’s area of responsibility
- Maintain technical and product knowledge on all equipment sold within the dealership`s area of responsibility.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
- Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
- John Deere experience is preferred; however, not necessary.
- Excellent mechanical skills
- Trade-specific tooling, including hand and pneumatic tools
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to assemble and perform maintenance functions on equipment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Graduation from related diesel technology program preferred
- Candidates must have valid work authorization and be able to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship
We offer an excellent benefits package which includes: Fully paid medical, dental, and vision plan. Life insurance, retirement plan, paid vacation, sick time, and holidays.