Position Details & Responsibilities
Develops and trains parts managers, parts specialist, and warehouse personnel with the goal of creating a continuous improvement culture with high customer satisfaction. Work with customers to solve issues in a professional manner and implementing process improvements as necessary. This position requires strong leadership, and communication with a passion for customer service. The objective is to provide the best parts and service experience to our customers in the industry.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensure parts departments are operating professionally with the highest of quality standards.
- Responsible for determining parts sourcing methodologies to maximize the effectiveness, efficiency and customer satisfaction in the parts & service functions.
- Monitor performance standards and measurements.
- Perform regular branch visits and warehouse inspections for assigned territory.
- Manage inventory to obtain a minimum of 83% OTC metric in all territories
- Develop and parts personnel recruitment and retention programs
- Conduct Safety, Compliance and Process Reviews and provide feedback.
- Develop and implement strategies to support recruiting, hiring and training of all Product Support employees.
- Work with the Director of Training & Compliance to develop training programs covering company policies, procedures and safety methods.
- Responsible for the professional development of the key department employees through outside training on an ongoing basis.
- Provide direction and leadership required to achieve professional technical service at profitability and quality standards.
- Conduct regular parts meetings and training sessions to communicate company objectives and policies, to develop soft skills and to encourage employee participation and personal growth.
- Investigate parts warranty claims and determine cause.
- Inspect and enforce branch product support area housekeeping best practices through the use of 5S organization tools.
- High School diploma is required.
- This position requires the incumbent to have at least 7-10 years of parts experience and 3-5 years’ experience as a relevant manager.
- This position requires good written and oral communication skills for the incumbent to accurately obtain, interpret and transcribe a variety of communications and instructions.
- This position requires excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to adjust and interact with all levels of personnel.
- Incumbent must be multitask oriented, organized, set priorities and meet deadlines and take pride in one’s work.
- Travel: 15-30% of the time. Not all overnight.