Honnen Equipment Co.
Position Details & Responsibilities
Manages sales function for an assigned geographic region including the implementation of a defined sales process, coaching and developing sales professionals. Responsible for all sales metrics for assigned region.
- Support, communicate & collaborate with Territory Managers to assist in the execution of New, Used & Rental sales goals.
- Collaborate with Director of Sales to develop a regional business plan annually.
- Manage, coach and develop Territory Managers by using direct observation to assess their current skills. Conduct an annual performance review that includes implementation of a training strategy for the department and/or individuals.
- Support and implement sales department accountability through the use of Key Performance Indicator management.
- Conduct monthly one on one reviews with Territory Managers per Honnen sales process.
- Assist Territory Managers with new/existing business development of high value accounts.
- Support and implement ongoing sales training efforts in the development of a High Performing Sales Team.
- P&L Responsibility - John Deere C&F sales functions regionally.
- Oversee regional implementation of predetermined discretionary funds, bonus programs, strategic use of Honnen Pledge program dollars, regional sales support funds and any regional specific marketing programs to assist in regional sales effectiveness.
- Support Territory Managers in providing sales presentations, meeting with key customers to promote our product and maintain customer relationships.
- Prepare sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion using customer database, market share and market awareness; analyze those sales statistics to formulate policy and assist regions in promoting sales opportunities and target those with greatest potential for producing positive business results.
- Review market analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
- Analyze and control sales expenditures of region by approving budgets, expenditures and appropriations for the organization.
- Monitor and evaluate the activities, products and services of the competition.
- Assigned customer accounts/territory as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ten (10) years of experience in sales, equipment sales preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Personnel management experience.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, self-motivations and communication skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate computer and application systems skills required.
Up to 25% of travel.
Generally not required.