Chattanooga Tractor & Equipment
Position Details & Responsibilities
The Sales Representative is responsible for selling any products or services relevant to the company including whole goods, parts, service work, and rentals. The Sales Representative will reach his or her business targets through effective management of designated customer segments and physical visits to customer sites. This individual will also develop ongoing, profitable relationships with customers and continually maintain a professional image of the company. Integrity, passion, and in-person presentational skills are essential for this role.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform professional presentations or demonstrations of company products.
- Penetrate all targeted accounts and radiate sales from within client base.
- Overcome objections of prospective customers.
- Emphasize product/service features and benefits, quote prices, discuss credit terms, and prepare sales order forms and/or reports.
- Build and foster a network of referrals to create new opportunities for revenue growth.
- Generate and develop new customer accounts to increase revenue, by cold-calling if necessary.
- Always maintain professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity to portray the company in a positive manner.
- Actively manage call schedule to adequately cover assigned customer segments in a time-efficient manner.
- Use marketing data using applicable sales management software tools to maximize sales efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintain accurate records including sales call reports, expense reimbursement forms, billing invoices, and other documentation.
- Build and maintain ongoing awareness of new products and services, competitor activities, and other research.
- Attend trade association functions.
- Participate in trade shows, fairs, and other events as necessary.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Plan, organize, and control your sales to meet objectives.
- 2+ years in sales and/or equipment related position
- Strong leadership qualities with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to operate in a fast-paced and changing market environment
- Experience with enterprise software solutions.
- Success in qualifying opportunities involving multiple key decision makers.