Employee Owned Companies, Inc.
Position Details & Responsibilities
Employee-Owned Companies, Inc. is the holding company that owns and operates Vermeer Texas-Louisiana and Compact Construction Equipment, Inc. Vermeer Texas-Louisiana is the distributor for Vermeer construction equipment with 12 branches across Texas and South Louisiana. Compact Construction Equipment distributes the Bobcat line of construction equipment and has 9 branches locations in Texas. The company has been 100% employee-owned since 1995.
The Technical Service Advisor (TSA) provides technical assistance for branch service departments to include: technician technical support, service manager technical support and customer technical support. The TSA is also responsible for helping to sell service at the branch locations. The TSA is accountable for notifying branches of Vermeer field campaigns and Bobcat field modifications on equipment sold from their location. They work closely with the Warranty Manager to ensure manufactures’ job codes are accurate.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing technical support assistance for internal service departments “Vermeer dealers, and customers”
- Continuously learn all new equipment to better assist in supporting our customers
- Support customer calls
- Document all interactions with customers (internal and external)
- Create and maintain databases of Vermeer field campaigns and Bobcat field modifications
- Help branches locate units in the field and complete all Vermeer Field Campaigns and Bobcat field modifications
- Set up new job codes in CDK
- Assist in correcting inaccurate job codes with manufacturer.
- Represent Vermeer Texas-Louisiana and Compact Construction Equipment at factory, industry and company events, including meetings and training
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook
- Performs all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner
- High School diploma, GED or vocational training/certification; college degree preferred
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience working with Vermeer and/or Bobcat construction equipment.
- Technical aptitude, and a good working knowledge of equipment operations and mechanical functions
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deal with customers in a professional manner
- Background check and pre-employment drug testing required
- Personal appearance must be neat and clean
- Certain positions require a valid driver`s license and ability to meet requirements of the Company Driver Policy; Company will review motor vehicle records annually for all employees for whom driving a motor vehicle is an essential job function or when employees must obtain and drive rental vehicles during the course of conducting company business