Wagner Equipment Co.
Position Details & Responsibilities
The Product Support Sales Representative (PSSR) is a key figure in helping to keep the customer’s machines healthy and productive by selling Caterpillar parts, preventative maintenance, and repair within a designated territory. The PSSR helps develop marketing plans for this segment of Wagner’s business so that increased sales and profits may be realized. The primary functions of this position are to develop and offer the lowest possible operating cost to customers, minimize customer downtime, and merchandise and promote all applicable products offered by Wagner Equipment Co.
Direct Reports: None
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Creates and maintains profiles on all major parts and service competitors
- Reports lost parts and service sales
- Compiles and maintains customer call list
- Submits call list and expense reports
- Maintains the CTS files to accomplish accurate follow-up to maximize Wagner Equipment Co.’s potential undercarriage sales
- Coordinates Service repairs and Parts deliveries
- Works cooperatively with parts and service managers to meet the needs of customers
- Makes office and on-site sales calls to customers, exhibiting strong communication skills
- Uses effective communications skills while communicating with others in the Sales Department, and with personnel in other departments and in the field
- Makes regular calls on customers to promote all available products offered by Wagner Equipment Co.
- Prospects for new users and applications for company products
- Maintains an awareness of competition
- Provides Parts and Service quotes to customers
- Recommends all service options (exchange vs. rebuild) to fulfill specific situations or customer needs
- Conducts periodic basic machine inspections to recognize parts and service potential to better serve and support the customer’s needs
- Conducts required Custom Track Service (CTS) on a regular basis
- High School Diploma / GED
- Some college or trade school
- Administrative Clerical Basic
- Customer Service Intermidiate
- Sales Basic
- Technical / Mechanical Knowledge Intermediate
- Ability to gain the working knowledge of computer systems as it relates to Wagner operating systems and Caterpillar SIS and STW and other operating systems as it relates to the field service area
- Other duties as assigned by Manager
Wagner offers great benefits including medical/dental/vision insurance, 401K, tuition reimbursement and more. Wagner Equipment Co. is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer.