M. J. Electric, LLC
Position Details & Responsibilities
M. J. Electric, LLC is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Field Mechanic to support our regional work in Indiana.
M. J. Electric, LLC, a Quanta Services Company, provides nationwide electrical construction services specializing in transmission and distribution line, substation, in-plant electrical and instrumentation. With over 50 years` experience and a strong set of values, we consistently provide technical expertise and experience to construct the most complex projects.
To troubleshoot, maintain and repair all types of heavy equipment, trailers and vehicles used for electrical utility transmission line, distribution and substation construction projects throughout the state of Indiana.
- Diagnose, inspect and repair diesel engines, gasoline engines, hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, electrical systems, air conditioning systems, compressors, generators, suspensions, brakes, transmissions, fuel injection systems, ignition systems and air tools.
- Complete Annual D.O.T. & Crane Inspections.
- Replace and repair damaged components.
- Perform vehicle preventative maintenance.
- Experience diagnosing and repairing heavy equipment (wheeled and tracked) or trucks.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and hydraulic schematics, maintenance manuals, service bulletins and diagrams.
- Good understanding of DOT Regulations.
- Good organizational and recordkeeping skills.
- Proficient in the use of diagnostic and testing equipment.
- Customer service skills.
- Welding (MIG /TIG) and fabrication skills.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Diesel Technology/Mechanics or related degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years heavy equipment mechanical/maintenance experience.
- Must possess a valid class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- Ability to travel to job sites and provide mechanical oversight to equipment on numerous projects throughout Indiana.