Wagner Equipment Co.
Position Details & Responsibilities
The Field Service Manager is responsible for the efficient and profitable operation of the field service department; advising and making recommendations to the Branch/Service Manager with respect to the best interests of the company wherever field service department activities are involved.
Direct Reports: Some or all of: Field Service Dispatchers, Journey Technicians, Resident Field Service Technicians, Service Clerk, Field Service Clerk, PIP/PSP Technicians, and Service Writers
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Oversees all the administrative needs and maintains the paper flow, including all invoicing, customer feedback, and calling for P.O. numbers.
- Ensures all warranty invoicing, to internal and external customers, is completed
- Supplies all documents and reports needed to the Service or Branch Manager
- Develops and manages yearly budget for the Field Service operation
- Maintains and supplies all truck administrative paperwork, safety requirements and DOT records as necessary to keep the fleet trouble free
- Works closely with the Branch/Service manager in policy matters as it pertains to the field service operations
- Consults with the Branch/Service manager in reaching an agreement on annual departmental objectives and carries out programs in order to reach the set objectives
- Collaborates with the WTI Service Training Manager to schedule field technicians into respective schools and classes available to ensure technicians have current and necessary skills
- Provides any safety equipment and training to all field service technicians as needed
- Works with customers to resolve concerns about service work
- Provides easy to read and accurate quotes to internal and external customers and PSR’S in order to sell hours in the field service department
- Recommends the most cost effective repair procedure and guideline to all customers and PSR’s.
- Applies working knowledge of Caterpillar systems to include basic mechanical and elect, and hydraulic systems
- Plans any long-term and short-term truck equipment and tooling purchases and makes recommendations to the Branch/Service manager
- Handles and executes warranty in the best interest of the company and works with the warranty specialist regarding any special warranty situations
- Makes long and short range plans on equipment and facilities requirements and makes recommendations to the Branch/Service Manager
- Maintains and executes good housekeeping and safety in the work area for the best possible image of the company and safety of the employees
- Hires, trains, and directs the work of all field service personnel to efficiently perform at the highest level possible
- Conducts performance reviews for all Field Service technicians and administrative employees
- Encourages the adherence to the company Principles in Practice and Core Values, and other company policies and guidelines
- High School Diploma / GED
- Administrative Clerical Experience
- Customer Service Experience
- Sales Experience
- Supervisory / Management Experience
- Technical / Mechanical Knowledge
- Ability to gain the working knowledge of computer systems as it relates to Wagner operating systems and Caterpillar SIS and STW and other operating systems as it relates to the field service area
- Other duties as assigned by Manager
Wagner offers great benefits including medical/dental/vision insurance, 401K, tuition reimbursement and more. Wagner Equipment Co. is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer.