Become part of our confidential candidate network and start your job search today!
Post your job listings to gain access to our extensive candidate network.
The Parts Manager is responsible for the safe, efficient, and profitable operation of the Parts Department and is responsible for conducting business in a manner that compliments Wagner’s Core Values, Statement of Purpose, and Safety Policies.
Some or all of the following, depending on location – Warehouse Manager, Parts Coordinator, Shop Parts Counter, Senior Counter, Parts Counter Sales, Lead Parts, Parts Clerk, Driver, Journey Distribution, Technical Communicator – Parts, & CAT Care Coordinator
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
• Leads the company safety culture and oversees safety policies and procedures are adhered to
• Ensures direct reports receive the tooling, training, and direction needed to execute their responsibilities and ensure that they are performing the essential functions and basic duties identified in the job description for their positions
• In conjunction with manager, develops Parts Department budget and manages expenditures against the approved budget
• Maintains positive control on all parts department expense accounts, audits and follows correct procedures for expense accounts
• Plans, formally and informally, long and short range, on equipment and facilities requirements; makes recommendations to the manager
• Oversees the management of new, exchange and reman parts inventory for accuracy, and provides necessary reports
• Ensures that exchange and core returns parts business meets or exceeds CAT’s standards and dealership goals
• Maintains and executes CPS / 6S methodology in the parts and warehouse areas
• Works closely with managers in policy matters as pertains to the parts operations
• Ensures the best freight accommodations for customers in alignment with company objectives
• Development of personnel to maintain or achieve customer loyalty
• Establishes and maintains close relationships with field and office personnel of Caterpillar Inc. in parts-related programs and problems
• Establishes and maintains close relationships with service department supervisors and parts supervisors in other stores
• Supports Parts Counter personnel with incoming calls pertaining to parts department and information concerning customer inquiries regarding parts information
• Manages customer communications and resolves customer complaints and issues
• Assists with customers coming into the store, by phone, e-mail, or personal field contact, with efforts to sell parts
• Hires parts personnel as needed and ensures proper training
• Provides day to day supervision of all direct reports
• Ensures weekend, holiday, and emergency work schedules are in place for Parts Department
• Assess training needs and schedules parts personnel for respective training classes and factory schools
• Ensures that all personnel are current in their safety training, and that all employees are following defined safety procedures to develop the safest workplace possible
• Provides performance feedback, conducts annual performance reviews, and makes recommendations on status and/or salary adjustments
Minimum Education Required: College Degree Preferred
Minimum Experience Required: Five + years in a parts position with leadership responsibilities
Administrative / Clerical Experience - Advanced
Customer Service Experience - Advanced
Sales Experience - Intermediate
Supervisory/Mgmt Experience - Advanced
Technical or Mechanical - Intermediate
Required Skills and Competencies
Reading / Writing Skills
Microsoft Word - Advanced
Microsoft Excel - Advanced
Microsoft PowerPoint - Intermediate
DBS - Intermediate
Wagner offers great benefits including medical/dental/vision insurance, 401K, tuition reimbursement and more.
Wagner Equipment Co. is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer.
Not what you're looking for?